Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yummy Signage, Anyone?

As a rather picky eater, with some food allergies, I tend to steer clear of buffets, or when I do eat at one (mainly in Vegas!), I stick to only recognizable foods. I'm just not adventurous enough to try new things, unless I know what they are, and it seems many buffets don't think it's necessary to label their food items.

So as a courtesy to our guests, I've made 4" x 6" framed signs for our buffet, so they will know what they're eating. And I found the frames on sale at Joann's for only $2.99 each! This will be a good alternative to a menu, since it really isn't practical to have a menu at the place setting when people will be serving themselves, plus it's an excuse for yet another project with my beloved paper! :)

(the tri tip will be hand carved to order by our chef at a carving station)







{Source}

Prior to the buffet dinner, we will have passed hors d'oeuvres, so I think guests will have to fend for themselves to figure out what those are (or just ask the waiter!). Our guests will be able to choose from:
  • Smoked Trout & Apple Salad on Cucumber Rounds
  • Crab Cakes with Chili-Lime Aioli
  • Flatbread Pizza with Caramelized Onions, Pancetta & Gruyere Cheese
  • And on an 8 foot table there will be a Selection of Cheeses, Marinated Vegetables & Fresh Fruits (Triple Cream Brie, Point Reyes Blue, Sharp Irish Cheddar, Fresh Mozzarella, Picholine & Calamata Olives, Sundried Tomatoes, & Artichoke Hearts, Assorted Seasonal Fruits)
{Source}

There will also be bread and salad served at the table before the buffet dinner, but since we chose a simple Classic Caesar Salad with Crisp Romaine, Croutons & Parmesan Reggiano Cheese, I'm thinking our guests can figure out the salad by themselves!

Are you having a sit down or buffet dinner at your reception, and will you be incorporating any signage or menus for your guests?

(unless otherwise noted, all pictures in this post were taken by me)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that cheese! We are getting our way with our venue and having family-style!!! I will definitely be making menus for the guests as all of our dishes are unique (Indian and Middle Eastern food). And after reading your post, I just emailed our venue to see how much it will cost to have them provide a cheese spread. I'll take an entire wedge of triple cream brie for myself . . . thankssss.

    ReplyDelete