Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This Is NOT A New Years Resolution....

....More like an OH MY GOD, THERE'S ALMOST ONLY 5 MONTHS LEFT freak out inspired resolve to get my lazy butt in gear!

Like so many of the Bees, fitness has been on my mind a lot lately. Specifically now that I'm about a week away from the 5 month until the wedding mark. I've really slacked off lately. Not so much with what I eat, but with my exercise level. For a while there I was doing the 30 Day Shred a couple times a week, but from October until about now is a really busy time at my company, and combined with my 45 minute each way commute, I just couldn't find the time. Plus, much like Miss Nachos, I'm kinda allergic to exercise, so it's always pretty easy to talk myself out of working out.


{Source}

But no more! I've got a goal, hive, to feel better about myself and get more toned before my wedding. With my motivational issues, I need a reason to push myself, and the wedding couldn't be a better reason!

Last night I started my new routine; as soon as I got home from work I changed into my workout clothes, had Mr. Cola snap a couple of "before" pictures of me, and started the Power 90 In-Home Boot Camp. It's from the same makers of the P90X, which you've probably all heard of, but it's only about 35-40 minutes a day, since there's no way I could handle the hour and a half a day that the P90X makes you do.

After only one day, I can say I'm pretty happy with it. I like that it has a countdown timer, showing you not only how long is left of the whole workout, but also how long is left of the particular section of the workout you're on. It started with stretching and yoga, and included some boxing as well that was fun; and overall I did a much wider variety of exercises in the 35 minutes than the 30 Day Shred level 1 has. Another thing I like is you aren't doing the same workout every day like in the Shred, you alternate different ones each day, so your muscles have time to recover (and you rest one day a week...I was never really clear with the 30 Day Shred if you were supposed to ever give yourself a break, or do it 30 days straight).

Tonight I'll be doing the level 1 "Sculpt" video, since I did the "Sweat" last night. I'm actually looking forward to it! And here, for your internet amusement, here are my wimpy before pictures that Mr. Cola took. Let's just see if there's any difference
in a month from now....I sure hope so!

(he made me "show you my guns," I'm sure you all wanted to see that I have zero upper body muscles....not great for wearing a strapless dress with!)

Have you set fitness goals for yourself to get fit for your wedding day? Any tips on how to stick with it?

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the "show me your guns" shot! We must have the same bridal brainwaves . . . I just posted about fitness today, too. But unlike you, I skipped working out yesterday. Can't work out at home (downstairs neighbors are bothered) and the gym was probably a madhouse last night. Good luck with your new workout routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on doing Power 90! I did P90X and am doing P90X Plus now. I'm also a Beachbody coach. You can check out my blog at

    www.FitnessAchievement.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you posted some snazzy before pics...I to setup some goals for myself and am slowly seeing progress...would be great ifit could happen overnight wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete