Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fitness Update

So, back in early January I posted about how I was going to get myself in better shape for our wedding. You all probably thought I was full of crap, and it was just a New Years resolution that I gave up on, but that's where you're wrong!

I'm proud to announce that I've lost two pant sizes since then! Just take a look at my old jeans that I bought in November (I totally feel like a Jenny Craig ad, haha):

Or maybe a side by side comparison of a picture of me from my January post and a picture I had Mr. Cola take last night would be a better example (old picture on the left, new picture on the right):

But I think the best representation is a picture of the corset back of my dress. The picture below on the left is from mid-February, and the picture on the right is from last week. Whoops! I can't tighten it much more than it already is. Dang, guess I'll have to be able to breathe on our wedding day! ;)

I honestly don't know how much weight I've lost. I don't own a scale, and refused to weigh myself, because I didn't want to gain muscle weight and then get discouraged. But I think the way my clothes are fitting now is the best gauge anyway! Although I wish I could pick and choose where the weight has come off of, it's mostly been in my hips, butt and legs, when I wish it would have been on my stomach and arms.

So what did I do to lose some pounds? Pretty much it all came down to eliminating bread from my diet. Which was sad, since garlic french bread is one of my favorite things in the world! Since the beginning of the year, I've only let myself have 9 pieces of bread, and combined with counting all my calories (including wine!), and sporadic workouts, it seems to be working.

I've been limiting myself to an average of about 1200 calories per day, along with multivitamins to make sure I'm getting all my nutrients. I also switched from Starbucks caramel macchiatos to skinny vanilla lattes, for about 1/3rd of the calories in the morning, and started eating yogurt instead of only coffee in the mornings. Eating a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack of an apple or cucumber slices helped too. And I started using my favorite new tool--Livestrong.com. It allows you to track your calorie intake, shows you trends (I tend to have more calories on the weekends than on weekdays), lets you set goals, and has a ton of recipes for healthy eating. It really helped me learn how many calories are in the everyday foods I was eating, and adjust my diet accordingly.

I also did the P90 workout videos, and the 30 Day Shred, although I must say, I've really slacked off in the last month. And before that I was only working out max of 4 days a week, more regularly only 2 days a week. I just never found much time, especially since I have a long commute to and from work and a million DIY projects to work on.

I definitely plan to continue to manage my diet after our wedding, since I still would like to loose a bit more weight. But I might not quite torture myself as much, and for sure I will be letting myself eat crab cakes, mahi mahi and other yummy foods on our honeymoon in Hawaii!

Did you set any weight loss goals for your wedding? Have they paid off?

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo, Hottie McHotterson! Mad props for giving up bread, lady! You look great, and congrats for reaching your fitness goals.

    I have slacked on mine but am about to get serious, since I'm at the less-than-five-month freakout stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Ms. Cola!!!! I can't freakin' stick to any diet I put myself on...
    Did you find P90 hard? I've heard it's miserable, but I think I need to step it up from my relaxing yoga practice! :)

    Well done, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done; I lost 43 pounds before my wedding doing Weight Watchers.

    ReplyDelete