Monday, November 9, 2009

Quick and Easy Hotel Suite Sign

Yet another craft idea I stole from the web! This was featured on Project Wedding, and I pretty much copied the text from this version.


It's a sign to hang on our hotel suite door knob, which will serve to 1) let people know which room is ours for the after party and 2) double as a Do Not Disturb sign. It was really easy, and probably a frivolous, unnecessary project that I wouldn't have bothered with if I didn't have so much time still before the wedding. But that's the beauty of planning early, I have time for fun and silly additions!

Here is a close shot of the front:


And the back:

All the purple and green paper and the ribbon are leftovers from our STDs
, so this project was basically free. The purple card stock is cut to 5.25 x 8.5, the green is cut to 4.55 x 7.8, and the white (a sample from LCI) is 4.25 x 7.5. Add a couple hole punches at the top, thread the ribbon through and tie, and you're done!

Will you be doing any cute and fun, but unnecessary projects for your wedding?

3 comments:

  1. It's so cute - I love it! Adding a project like this to my ever-expanding DIY list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond cute!! I've seen several brides do these now and each one is so unique and clever. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I just found a blog with an idea for DIY door hangers for your guests OOT boxes. I am not a huge DIYer but this one is too easy :)

    ReplyDelete