Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Woodside Wedding: We Get Tossed, Part 2

After I did the bouquet toss, it was time for the garter toss! If you remember, I'd hand sewn my own DIY garter:
(personal photo)

Because it was such a hot day, I didn't put on my garter until right before the tosses, and I never ended up putting on my old and blue other garter. I knew Mr. Cola was going to have enough trouble locating one garter under my eight layers of dress, without adding a second one in the mix!

And struggle he did, it took him what felt like a good two minutes of reaching up my dress. I love the laughter on everyone's faces in the background of our pictures--his struggle with this was pretty hilarious!

Still looking....

Come on, dude, it's not that hard to find.....

Success, he's finally got it!

Then it was time for some tossing! The guys gathered (we had a whole lot more single guys than single ladies at our wedding).
(Two above pictures are guest photos)

And it was our MC groomsman who caught it. Look at him, showing off!

It was pretty funny because this was our groomsman's 3rd garter he's ever caught, just like it was the 3rd bouquet that my cousin had ever caught. And they're both currently living in Texas...hmmm! ;)

I love this photo of Mr. Cola right after the garter toss. It really captures how much fun doing these silly traditional tosses were!

And oh yeah, I had to yell at my friend, who was supposed to catch the garter. I'd been telling him for a year that he was the target, considering he and his girlfriend have been dating for 8 years, and already own a house together. But he didn't even try to catch it!
(A lovely guest photo, capturing me yelling "Dude, you were supposed to at least try to catch it!")

If you are doing the bouquet and/or garter toss, will you have "targets" in mind of who you're going to throw to?

Miss any wedding week details? Catch up here:

- I packed an emergency bag that saved my dress

- We had a crazy 4 days prepping for house guests and stuffing favors
- Shopping for a ton of wedding flowers to arrange ourselves
- Mr. Cola drinks a 40 and I have a night out on the town for our low-key bach parties
- A day of DIY'ing flower arrangements
- I kicked off our official recaps with my #1 wedding tip
- We began the weekend festivities with a sunset cruise for our wedding party
- We rehearsed our quick and easy ceremony
- I panicked, but we got our rehearsal dinner decorations set up just in time
- Our families met for the first time at our rehearsal dinner under the trees

- What went wrong on our wedding day, and my tips for future brides
- My bridesmaids and I got our hair and makeup done in the hotel suite
- I put on my wedding dress and became a bride
- The guys watched the World Cup, then got ready in 10 minutes
- Traffic delayed our decorations getting to the venue, and I almost ruined our first look
- We got to see each other for the first time on our wedding day at our first look
- We took some time for bride and groom pictures in the park
- I gave you a behind the scenes look at our family, friends and DOC setting up our venue

- Arriving at our venue and getting ready for the ceremony to start
- Everyone walked down the aisle
- Excerpts from our ceremony, and reading the vows we wrote for each other
- I interrupted our officiant, we exchanged rings, and with a kiss we were officially married!
- Wedding party and family portraits, and my thoughts on missing pictures
- Our guests enjoyed cocktail hour while we took a few more photos
- Everyone ate a delicious dinner, and our siblings gave beautiful toasts
- We didn't practice, but we had a very special and wonderful first dance as husband and wife
- I showed you some disposable camera pictures, which were totally worth it to include on our tables!
- I found a target and tossed my bouquet at her

(Unless otherwise noted, all photos in this post were taken by the very talented photographers of Shoot Me Now Photography)

2 comments:

  1. I loved that you called out your friend like that! Totally something I would do, too. I hate it when some dudes don't participate in the garter toss. So lame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garter is gorgeous, and I also love that you called out your friend! Stephen didn't aim for anyone in particular, but we had two guys who totally dove for the garter and ended up on the floor. It was great!

    ReplyDelete